Howard Hughes Center has unmatched on-site amenities including: dining, retail, fitness, entertainment, & more. Click the map below to explore. For leasing and additional questions including availability visit: www.howardhughescenter.com.
A lot of new things are happening in Glendale and our properties are at the hub of all the activity. Here is a quick rundown on the latest developments in Glendale, in case you missed it!
1. New Lobby & Plaza Renovation at Glendale Gateway: At the top of the list is our own 801 N. Brand at Glendale Gateway which recently received a new lobby and plaza renovation. To keep up with all of the activity in Glendale, we’ve updated the plaza that now includes outdoor seating and common space, as well as new landscaping. Tenants love Glendale Gateway because of its prime location just north of the 134 freeway, the panoramic views, and the abundance of parking. Tenants are also loving the new furniture in the lobby.
Equity Office owns additional properties in Glendale, including 425 West Broadway, 700 N. Central and 700 N. Brand also at Glendale Gateway. For leasing information please contact Carlton Maese at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 334-2242.
2. Renovation of Terminal at Glendale Airport: Recently, Curbed LA highlighted Disney’s renovation of the Grand Central Air Terminal at the Glendale Airport. The space will include a visitor’s center, offices, and event space.
3. Thumbs up for Downtown Glendale Hotel: Glendale will also be getting a Courtyard by Marriott at Central and Wilson. After some time, the City has decided to sell, rather than lease the property for the Courtyard by Marriott. The hotel will have 173 rooms, a bistro and bar, fitness center with pool and meeting rooms.
Glendale News Press
4. A Park for Downtown Glendale: The City of Glendale recently approved a multibillion-dollar proposal for a 28-acre park covering a portion of the 134 Freeway. It’s being called Space 134, and could stretch across parts of the freeway from Central to Glendale avenues.
Curbed LA is calling it “bikeification” and one thing is clear: Glendale is taking strides to improve bike conditions for bicycling residents with new bike-detecting sensors and has also applied for a $2.2 million grant to build new bike lanes along Verdugo and Canada Boulevards. The City is also looking into programs that could fund a pilot bike share that would include 225 bikes at 20 states around the city, and would include bike racks.
Glendale News Press
Check out Colorado Center, at the corner of 26th and Colorado Ave. in Santa Monica.
For questions, or for leasing information contact Gail Goldstein at (310) 664-3868 or email@example.com.
The “Silicon Beach Effect” isn’t going away anytime soon. In fact, it is spreading to parts of the Westside of L.A. faster than ever. With the growth of so many tech companies and others transferring to the L.A. area for the weather, water, and laid back way of life, one thing is clear: not everyone wants to work in a cramped loft. What Silicon Beach tenants really want is a scalable office with open space where teams can collaborate and create the cool things that tech and creative companies do best.
Over the last couple of years Equity Office has learned firsthand that tech and creative tenants like to enjoy all the amenities of a traditional office building, but still want the flexibility to design and make an office space their own. Companies like Gamefly, All3Media, Corbis Images, and Technical Connections have chosen Howard Hughes Center for just that reason.
Located just off the 405 in West L.A., Howard Hughes Center is a premier campus environment that features customizable creative suites, unmatched on-site amenities, easy access to LAX and hotels, with closest proximity to the widest array of talent rich communities on the Westside and South Bay.
-Rich McEvoy, CCIM
Equity Office Director
In our last blog post, we introduced the 5 Must Have Apps for Leasing Brokers from the CRE App Review, which coincidentally was chosen by the members of CCIM as the top 2012 Commercial Real Estate Tech Blog for Commercial Real Estate Professionals. We’d like to take a look at what tools have guided brokers in gathering expert information quickly and efficiently… and we’re keeping our eyes out for what’s in store for us in 2013.
Read the entire article from CCIM on their website.
“My iPhone seamlessly integrates with Outlook,
which I use extensively to keep organized”
- Carolyn M. Craden, CCIM
In 2013, we can continue to expect bigger screens, slimmer casing and faster processing.
Tablet Winner: iPad
“It makes you look like an expert because
you instantly have all that information”
Tablets have become a powerful tool not only because of its ability to bring the benefits of a laptop (without the bulk), but also because it allows you to present information with a few swipes from your fingertips. Catch Karsten Strauss’ article on Forbes to read more about tablets.
Presentation Software Winner: PowerPoint
Classics never get old… but we’re looking forward to the redesigned PowerPoint in 2013!
In 2013: The redesigned version includes a zoom feature, a navigation grid for reordering slides on the fly, and new themes. Catch the free preview of Microsoft Office 2013.
Social Media Site Winner: LinkedIn
According to CCIM members, (@dukelong), owner of The Duke Long Agency, is the most influential commercial real estate person on Twitter.
In 2013, consider frequently updating your Google+ platform as frequent use will boost search engine optimization in Google.
Commercial Real Estate Tech Blog Winner: The CRE App Review
Read our blog post on the top 5 apps for leasing brokers from the CRE App Review!
Productivity App Winner: Dropbox
“It makes bringing paper with you obsolete,”
- Harold S. Alpert, CCIM
The free version of Dropbox (2GB) allows users to access files remotely, eliminating the need to bring (or email yourself) documents. Evernote allows users to quickly jot down notes while out on the field.
Property Listing App Winner: LoopNet
CCIM members reported that using both apps show a more comprehensive listing. Both LoopNet and CoStarGo provide searches based on proximity or provide listings for a specific location.
Appreciation for the Basics
Even though latest and greatest technology is what the buzz is about, CCIM members report that the most valuable technology is the basics: browser, laptop or search engines.
And for those of you in Southern California who want leasing information brought straight to your inbox every morning… sign up for the Equity Office Daily Brief.
In case you missed it in the Equity Office Daily Brief, we wanted to share CRE App Review’s “Five Must Have Apps for Leasing Brokers.” In their post, CRE App Review listed some great new tools for brokers, including a very cool CRE app (that we haven’t tried yet) called Flyer.io. Check out the video below to learn more , or just comment and tell us what’s on your “must have” list of applications for leasing brokers.
Here’s the complete list of CRE App Review’s top five apps for leasing brokers as listed on their website:
1. Ten Eight App: The Formula for Decisions. Ten Eight is a groundbreaking mobile web app that allows tenants and brokers the ability to rate office buildings while on tour and compare scores side by side based on a person’s chosen weighted preferences. The design of the app captures live data from tours and sets out to revolutionize the way tenants, brokers, and landlords make commercial real estate decisions. Get this app »
2. LeaseMatrix: Dead Simple Lease Analysis. LeaseMatrix brings lease analysis for tenants and tenant advisors to the cloud. Access all your analysis from any device with an internet connection, including an iPad. Check out this amazing video of a complete lease analysis being created in under 2:30 minutes… on an iPad. Get this app »
3. Magic Plan: An Architect in Your Pocket. MagicPlan measures your rooms and draws your floor plan just by taking pictures. You can then get your floor plan in PDF, JPG and DXF format or publish an interactive floor plan on the web. With MagicPlan, everyone can create floor plans in minutes. Get this app »
5. ProspectNow Mobile App: Property Owner Lists on the Go. Search more than eight million commercial properties and six million building owners nationwide by location, size, property type, building details and more. Access owner mailing addresses and telephone numbers right from your phone. Get this app »
In August, Equity Office was honored by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work in Los Angeles.”
And we’re in good company!
Cresa Los Angeles was also chosen as a top place to work in L.A. Did you know, Cresa give employees with an open environment, flexible work schedules, and regularly honors employees with bonuses and perks like bowling events and socials?
Jones Lang LaSalle was also honored as a best place to work because of their rich culture that creates opportunities to learn, grown, and do their best work. Employees are valued and regularly rewarded.
What makes Equity Office one of the greatest places to work in L.A? We have a great work/life balance program and commitment to excellence. We also have a company “Exceptional People Program” where we recognize employees for a day as well as an “Elite” program to honor staff.
See a trend? What perks and rewards would you like your employer to implement? Let us know!
Back in May, we launched 1999AOS.com for our property at 1999 Avenue of the Stars. The website offers a number of engaging elements for our potential tenants to use, including an interactive amenities map of the area, current tenant information, and an property availability view which includes an stacking map that can scrolled over.
Tour 1999 AOS is a newly added feature to the website that gives you full admission to the building right from your screen. You can now access virtual walking tours of the lobby, a spec suite on the third floor, and the 32nd floor.
Watch Gary Weiss of L.A. Realty Partners share his story and passion to serve the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Los Angeles.
There’s so much to love about Brentwood! With 360 degree ocean views and walking distance to San Vicente, 11601 Wilshire Blvd. is Brentwood’s premiere address. And the amenities are unmatched. Here’s just a quick rundown of what’s nearby:
The Cheesecake Factory, Daily Grill, Sugar Fish, Chipotle, Coral Tree Cafe, Tavern, Yen Sushi, Wahoo’s Fish Tacos, Barney’s Gourmet Hamburgers, New York Bagel, Cabo Cantina, Bandera, …and more!
Click around on the image below to see what people love about Brentwood!
For leasing information please contact Peter Best at 310.407.3420, or Lisa St. John at 310.407.3422, or Dan Baumeister at 310.407.3417.